Thursday, August 9, 2007

happy birthday singapore :P

hahas.. yet another day in Singapore,
my home xD hahas.
just love the country.
just think about it,
this is perfect!
all these years, a responsible government,
an excellent geographical position,
racial and religious harmony,
relatively good economy and condition of life,
excellent lifestyle (especially hygiene).
how much better can it get?
we are so privileged.

however, something impacted me much further.
watching the NDP brought me to think about the many times
spent with my dear friends from primary school,
especially asmidah and denise.
well, i messaged them and a few other people,
and the replies i got were so amazing.
i told them about how i missed the times we had in our
class in primary school. I realized how much a single message
could bring someone to tears, and touch his/her heart.
it's really interesting.
and i'm glad i did it. it's time to get together soon.
it's been too long since we haven't seen each other.
anyway, it was really sad thinking about the happy and
enjoyable times we spent together!
i am so glad, that people can still keep 'long-distance' friendships close.
i experienced it myself.
i am so thankful to God for all my friends.
these friends that share my burden, that lighten my load.
i <3 ya all!!
i really miss the days when we could be so carefree, with little worries,
and only caring about enjoying ourselves, of course, with the usual ups and
downs of life. with the upturns and downturns that everyone has to endure.
but still,
through it all,
we have prevailed.
together.

hahas. to all my friends
thank you.

anyways, i took to listening to all the nice songs of the previous NDPs.
it all sounded so fresh yet so familiar.
so distant yet so recent.
well, i told myself that this year's NDP song was bad,
but listening to it, it's quite ok bahs..
but i prefer the previous ones, like:

Home.
We Will Get There.
Reach for the Skies.
Where I Belong.
My Island Home.

These songs are really beautiful.
singing them and meaning it really puts much more meaning into
the songs.
well, i guess that's all for now bahs..

buh bye.

No comments: